- Handbooks, Policies and Procedures
- Compliance Training
- Compliance Audits
- Representation for Statutory Claims
- Commercial Litigation
- Administrative Proceedings (EEOC, NYSDHR, NYS DOL, NYS WCB, NYC AGENCIES, NYS DOL UI)
- Managing Labor and Employment Related Litigation
- Local, City (including NYC) and State Legislation
Why do companies need guidance from an attorney on labor and employment laws? There are many laws at play at all phases of the employment relationship and these laws have various changes and updates. Here are ways the Ali Law Group can help.
Handbooks, Policies and Procedures
Handbooks are a compilation of a company's workplace policies and procedures, and they should be provided to every employee for his/her reference. Handbooks are also documents that reflect the current state of the law and should be kept up-to-date. In order to ensure a handbook complies with current laws and regulations, the Ali Law Group’s expert advisors will conduct interviews, review company documentation and explain relevant policy issues, changes and modifications.
The Ali Law Group can also help draft and/or review specific policies and procedures as needed including social media, distracted driving, attendance, leaves and other workplace policies.
The Ali Law Group presents on a wide range of important topics in person or via webinar. Compliance training topics include:
- Prevention of unlawful harassment and discrimination in the workplace
- Wage and Hour Practices
- FMLA and ADAAA
- Social Media Policies
- Workplace Violence Protection
- Independent Contractor Versus Employee Determination
- Managing Leaves and Absences
- Safety Compliance
- Best Practices for Managing Technology in the Workplace
- Legally Compliant Handbooks
- How To Develop a Legally Compliant Internship Program
- Creating a Legally Compliant Flexible Work Program
- Restrictive Covenants - Non-competes, Non-solicitation and Confidentiality
Our attorneys are engaging presenters who will clearly and thoroughly explain requirements and procedures to your managers/employees.
The Ali Law Group is available to conduct Labor and Employment Compliance Audits, which will involve in-depth research, fact-finding and the production of a report to determine whether the Company is in compliance with applicable labor and employment laws. The audit will include:
- In-depth fact finding interview
- Questions and answers regarding all facets of Human Resources practices and compliance with Labor and Employment Laws
- Final report issued to client with opinions and recommendations
Representation for Statutory Claims
Statutory claims refer to causes of action that stem from statutes or legislation such as Title VII, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act As Amended (ADAAA), and ERISA. The Ali Law Group provides representative services in Federal and State Courts, administrative agencies and other tribunals for statutory based claims involving employment issues such as discrimination, unlawful harassment, disability discrimination and retaliation claims, and family medical leave claims.
In the context of employment law, commercial litigation involves claims brought into either State or Federal court that deal with employment related contracts, agreements and restrictive covenants. Typically, these are issues involving:
- Breach of contract;
- Misappropriation of trade secrets;
- Bonus agreements;
- Confidentiality, non-solicitation and non-compete types of agreements and the enforcement of those agreements; and
- Proprietary business information (breach of duty of loyalty, unjust enrichment, etc.).
Administrative Proceedings (EEOC, NYSDHR, NYS DOL, NYS WCB, NYC AGENCIES, NYS DOL UI)
The Ali Law Group has represented clients at hearings, appeals and audits that involve ancillary and often more complex issues. Such issues include but are not limited to defending a claim of discrimination or retaliation, explaining an individual's classification as an independent contractor, or explaining the reasons for an employee’s termination.
Managing Labor and Employment Related Litigation
Acting as “outside” in-house counsel when managing litigation, the Ali Law Group will:
- Judge the merits of major court cases filed against or on behalf of the company, work with the appropriate executive(s) to define a strategic defense and approve settlements of disputes where warranted.
- Perform pre-litigation work to minimize risks and maximize legal rights.
- Collaborate with upper management on the selection, retention, management and evaluation of all outside counsel.
- Act as business liaison with outside counsel, manage and approve litigation budget and provide substantive input on litigation strategy.
The Ali Law Group has extensive experience pursuing these matters to enforce or uphold a company's interest in the appropriate tribunal and defending these type of commercial litigation matters.
Local, City (including NYC) and State Legislation
The Ali Law group keeps our clients up-to-date and compliant with state, city and county legislation, including recent changes from:
- New York State Labor Law (Minimum Wage, Salary Threshold for Exempt Employees, Spread of Hours, Meal and Rest Breaks, WTPA)
- New York State Paid Family Leave Law
- NYC Earned Safe and Sick Time Act
- New York State Fair Chance Act
- New York State Harassment Prevention Legislation
- Stop Sexual Harassment in NYC Act
- New York State Gender Expression Non-Discrimination Act (GENDA)
- Suffolk County Restrict Information Regarding Salary and Earnings Act (“RISE”)
- NYC “Parental Empowerment” Laws
- NYC Temporary Schedule Change Law
- NYC Human Rights Law Expanded to Protect Against Discrimination on the Basis of Hair
- NYC Human Rights Law Amended to Require “Cooperative Dialog” for Accommodation Requests
- NYC Freelance Isn’t Free Act